Friday, March 1, 2013

Wishing Spring was here again...

So I'm kind of tired of this stinky weather... bring on the Spring! Not so much the British summer (because it rains the whole time!) but Spring could really be something to look forward to :)

However!  It is March the 1st today which sees the beginning of National Craft Month in the US (and we don't mind joining in these things from the UK, do we!) so definitely something to feel cheery about!  We'll be celebrating over the course of the month in our own Scrappy Tree way, so keep your eyes peeled :)

Now onto this week's piece!  I made this card as a thank you to my most recent placement mentor, she was very lovely and looked after me well!
I used a free stamp from Craft Stamper for the central image (which is raised on foam squares), stamped in coffee Archival on manila, and the background card is an IndigoBlu script stamp coloured with the Spring Distress Inks (Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers) with some Dusty Concord around the edges.
I added the purple ribbon from my stash because I loved the colour, and the black edging also has some sparkle!

I really hope she likes it, I won't see her to give it to her in person but I know she is a crafter too :)

Happy scrapping!

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours & the script is fab, must add it to my wish list.

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh WOW! Sure to be loved Gayle. Beautiful colours. Love what you have done with the free stamp! Have a great weekend. Gez

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh WOW! Sure to be loved Gayle. Beautiful colours. Love what you have done with the free stamp! Have a great weekend. Gez