Friday, March 15, 2013

Where did you get that hat?

Finally! It's taken me on and off since Christmas to get done with this project but at last I'm done ;)
This is a Tando Creative cardboard Mad Hatter hat which was bought for me at Christmas by my Mum from The Stamp Attic (I believe Wendy might still have some in the shop) - one each for me, my Mum and my Nan to work on when we got together at Christmas.  Mum and Nan had finished by New Year, me not so much...(!)
The kit comes as a flat pack but you glue it together into this 3D shape. I decided it needed the Andy Skinner treatment (yes, still loving this technique!) but no book this time - I moved onto a Mad Hat!  Of the additional pieces, some were included with the hat kit itself but Tando also make an extra small kit of parts which go with this set - teacup, 'drink me' sign etc.
 I made a small rose from card using the Tattered Florals Alterations die and sprayed it with black and red spray inks, and found a large Prima rose which seemed perfect apart from the colour so I sprayed it to match.  I added some Idealogy cogs to match the metallic look of the hat, and tied lace and ribbons around the base of the hat.
The '10/6' label is part of the kit (painted and then inked, with a layer of glossy accents on the letters) and the pins tucked behind it are Papermania Vintage Notes.
I thought it would be fun to add a little signature Mad Hatter trinket, so used a 7Gypsies photo holder with a circle of card cut to size and inked, and then covered over with Glossy Accents to look like glass and hung from a piece of brown twine.

Thank you so much for visiting today and coming to take a peek at my hat :) it was really fun to make and I'm quite pleased with how it came out :) hope you're getting lots done for National Craft Month, don't forget to keep an eye on the Facebook page, Twitter and our Facebook chat group for some little surprise RAKs that will be announced for our followers :)

Gayle xx

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh I just love this! The colors and textures are awesome.

Winnieweg said...

Wow!!!!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

So cool... the finish on the hat is brilliant!
Alison x