Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter tags for Kids using Copics and Inktense pencils

Hello!  Julie here today!  I hope you are preparing for a wonderful time with family this Easter!  I'd like to share some tags that I made for some special kids in my life.  I used Copic markers and Derwent Inktense pencils.







I apologize for the pictures.  It was the best my phone would do last night.  :)  The tag above was using Copics and the tags below were using Inktense pencils.


The above video is from our You Tube channel and shows a part of the process of making the tag with Copics.  For the most part I did not blend my Copics on these tags since they were for kids and would most likely get thrown away.  I went for quanity.  lol.  I also used my blue cotton candy Gelato to add some color to my white tag.

Once of the things I show you in that video is that I did not have the proper color gemstone for a tag. So I used my Copic marker to color a clear gemstone the proper color!  Easy Peasy and a great way to make a colored gem you need but don't own!  I used YR07  to get the right orange I needed.



The video from The Scrappy Tree's You Tube page below is using the Derwent Inktense pencils.  I just love these pencils.  They are an INK pencil, not a water color pencil.  They have a very intense color to them that is just wonderful!

The color did not come out to true to life in this video.  I think I'll only film during the daytime hours in the future!


Here's a peek at my stash of tags I ended up making:


I plan on tying (or attaching) these tags to a little gift of bubbles for the kids and also a little treat bag of some graham cracker bunnies!

We hope you have a wonderful Easter!

1 Scrappy thoughts:

gayle said...

These are cute Jules! I love the blending effect on the rabbit tag on the left :) xx