Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stamping with Faber-Castell Pitt big brush artist pens

Hi everyone!  It's Julie here with another crafty video.  Today I'd like to show you how to use Faber-Castell's Pitt big brush artist pens to stamp.  These pens are so awesome and they can be used in so many ways that there will be more videos in the future.  I hope you enjoy today's video.

Faber-Castell's Big brush artist pens are india ink markers (unlike Copics).  These markers blend but only if the surface is right.  (Upcoming video on this).  They are vibrant colors, permanant and light fast.  They are wonderful for mixed media and excellent to stamp with.  They are typically  around $6 each at most retailers, but Dick Blick art supplies has them for $3 each.  They also have sets of the markers as well which are at a big savings.  I recommend them highly!  (Also check out their Copics.  They are cheaper there as well.). 

I used the above colors for the card: May green, cobalt turquoise, cobalt green, and phthato blue.

Here's a look at the finished card:


Hope you enjoy the video today and I'll see you later this week for another video.  Got any ideas for things you'd like to see on video?  Please leave a comment below.  Thanks!


2 Scrappy thoughts:

gayle said...

Thanks for sharing this Jules, I haven't used those pens before but I'll look out for them on my next trip to the craft store :)

dianapena8 said...

very nice card design :) Thanks for the tutorial, you make it look like stamping is so easy, and at least for me it is not