Thursday, January 3, 2013

That old yarn

Welcome back!  It's a New Year and I for one am raring to go :)

Over Christmas and New Year I was transplanted out of my craft room but I'm moving back in today - hurrah!

My mobile crafting kit over most of December became knitting needles and yarn, so I wanted to share with you today some of the things I've been working on as everyone who was receiving a version of these as a gift has now received them :)

I loved this pom pom wool as soon as I saw it, it makes the most gorgeous cuddly scarves :)
 The winter in our neck (!) of the woods has been fairly mild so far temperature-wise, but I'm sure there's a cold snap just waiting round the corner which will make these duvet-scarves invaluable LOL

My other little bit of knitting has been these mug cosies; I spotted the pattern in a magazine and was able (with Mum's help!) to expand my stitch knowledge beyond casting on, knit, and cast off!
I admit that some members of my family have looked at me strangely when putting a small jumper onto a mug, but I just thought they were sooooo cute :)
 Looking forward to getting back to some inky and papery crafting goodness very very soon :)

Hoping you had a wonderful restful break, and all the very best for a great start to 2013!

Happy scrapping
Gayle xx

5 Scrappy thoughts:

Words and Pictures said...

Those scarves are gorgeous (and I speak as someone who owns probably enough scarves to wear a different one each day through the winter!)... and what a cute idea the mug cosies are!!
Alison x

Erica said...

These are so darn cute! The colors are perfect for cheering up a winter day. I love that yarn on scarf - do you remember what brand it is? And the cup cozies are adorable - make some larger for headbands to keep your ears warm!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a cool idea, really great.

dianapena8 said...

you are so talented, I also like the colors you picked :)

Susanne said...

What fun projects - pretty colors too!