Saturday, January 19, 2013

Stamping Basics: Versamark Valentine

Hello there!  It's Julie here and I hope you are having a good weekend.  Today I'd like to share a video on using Versamark ink and heat embossing to make a valentine card.

Here's a look at the card:







I used white cardstock for the card base to make 4" by 5.5" cards.  I cut pink panels out of cardstock and used my versamark pad to ink up my hexagon background stamp and stamp it on the panel.  Then I applied clear embossing powder to the impression while the versamark ink was still wet.  This is a slow drying ink so you don't have to be super quick at it.  Once the powder is on, you need to use your heat gun until the powder melts and is glossy on the cardstock panel. 

I next cut a small, one inch wide panel out of a different pink cardstock.  I then took my Papertrey Ink stamp (love you forever) and used my versamark pad on that.  Once applied, I used ultra fine black embossing powder and heat set it.  I then glued my small panel on using Beacon 3 in 1 glue. 

Next I cut some cute pink and white twine, making a little bow around my pink panels.  Once tied, I glued my entire pink panel onto the white card base.  Then I used some new Doodlebug washi tape to add a little something to the card front.

I stamped two butterflies from the Lawn Fawn Flutterby collection.  I used versamark and then black embossing powder.  Once heat set, I applied foam squares to add a pop.  The finishing touch was a heart enamel piece from Prima. 

Here's a link to our Youtube video:



Hope you enjoyed the video for this week and there will be another one next week on Versamark resist! 


2 Scrappy thoughts:

Erica said...

This is so pretty - I NEVER would have guessed that background was stamped - it looks like patterned paper. Great cards Julie!

gayle said...

Wonderful background, such a cute card!