Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Hello TST!  Soooo loved the Thanksgiving posts last weekend, hope our US friends had a wonderful time :) I am posting today with an autumnal thankfulness themed tag because even as a Brit, how can you not join in :) I was very lucky to be nominated by my TST companions as a honorary American so I decided I need to indulge my love of pumpkin and make something autumnal to show my gratitude for the honour (honor!)

I had shortened this tag for reasons unknown (suspect I needed the bottom piece for something else!) but I wasn't going to let that stop me ;) I coloured the background with yellows. oranges and red (some of my favourite colours) and stamped the images on top in black Archival and blue and red Distress ink.

The flower is a combination of Alterations tattered florals and tattered poinsettias, with a brad centre and some marmalade Distress stickles.

The centre flower is a paper Prima flower in its original colours; I felt the blue matched the background colours so used it as a centre piece.  I also wanted a caption to bring everything together so I typed one out on my Dymo :)

I've also posted at The Stamp Attic today so I'd love to hear your comments if you have any :) hope you've had a wonderful weekend :)  I am off to a Melt Art class tomorrow, hopefully I will come back with some lovely things to share!

Gayle xx


4 Scrappy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Lovely tag, the colours are gorgeous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, love the colors.

Words and Pictures said...

Love those rich reds and yellows with the pop of turquoise - amazing glow to your tag! Will check out the Stamp Attic too... have a great weekend!
Alison x

dianapena8 said...

Beautiful! love the colors and the pretty flower you made =Di