Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jubilee tag

Hello and a happy Sunday to all of you! Those of you in the UK (and quite possibly some of you elsewhere too) cant fail to have missed the Queen's Jubilee celebrations last weekend :-) thank you for the extra bank holidays your Highness!

There was plenty of red, white and blue to be seen adorning various parts of the country, and I thought I would share with you today my Jubilee-inspired tag - who could resist all that bunting?

I inked a manila tag with broken china Distress Stain and added patterning to the background by dabbing picket fence Distress Stain through a Creative Expressions mask and stamped some Inkadinkado flourishes. The bunting is a free stamp with this month's Craft Stamper magazine, painted with stripes using a paintbrush and fired brick Distress Stain, and then inked with old paper Distress Ink to match the die cut bird (which is from  the Tim Holtz Alterations caged bird die).
I cut a crown out of card and coloured it with gold Stickles, and painted the bird's legs and the branch with Glossy Accents.  The bunting is glued to a small piece of twine, and I added some lace ribbon.

I also have a post at The Stamp Attic today (here's a sneak peek!) using some of Andy Skinner's new stamps, would love for you to visit me there if you get time this weekend :-)
Thanks for stopping by, happy scrapping!

Gayle xx

2 Scrappy thoughts:

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorjuss tag Gayle, loving your background.

dianapena8 said...

love the colors you used for this tag, it is so pretty =D