Friday, April 20, 2012

Inky cards

So I'm giving you all a break from the tags this week.... cos I know I'll be back on them in next week's post!  lol!

I worked on a few cards this week, this first one in my favourite sunset colours uses Andy Skinner's Nature stamp set (been using this a lot lately, loving!!) and Distress Inks in mustard seed, spiced marmalade, fired brick and worn lipstick.  I went around the outside of the card with a black Posca pen to frame it.



The second card is a little more messy! I'm thinking of hanging this one on a string instead of mounting it onto a card blank so I can hang it up somewhere; the recent Friday 13th we had got me thinking about good luck and appreciating it when it comes your way :)
I stuck a scrap of card with white crackle on it across the bottom of the card and then stamped the background randomly with a Tim Holtz bingo stamp in poppy red Impress Ink and black StazOn.  I also stamped some Inkadinkado flourishes in red around the edges.  I added a small bottle cap from my stash with a small circle of red paper inside, which I sealed in with Glossy Accents and gold Stickles.
I added lots of small Prima flowers by folding them and shaping them around the bottle cap, and added some Crate Paper Random alphas from the February Scrapagogo kit.  I did a bit of doodling around the letters and the edge of the card with black and white Posca pens too :)

I'd just like to signpost you to yesterday's post by Julie if you missed it (you can see it here) - it's a great cause and certainly worth finding out more about :)

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great weekend :)

Gayle xx

8 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

I love all your inking and accents that you add to your cards!!!

dianapena8 said...

I WOW! Every time I see an inky project of yours, they are both so unique :)

Anonymous said...

ooohhh nice :))

Sandy Ang said...

such lovely cards Gayle !

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards & aren't those Posca pens brilliant. I only have one so far, it was a promotion freebie in green, but the black & white are on my shopping list!
I am envious of your inking tecniques, the top ard is awesome.
Jane x

Jester said...

They are both great, although so very different. So artistic!

Erica said...

That pink card is just too fabulous!

Kristin said...

lovely lovely!