Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Decorated Binders

Hello, Diana here; it's been 3 days since Earth Day, I hope you were able to do some eco-crafts, if you still don't know what to make here is another idea.

Lately I've been making 8.5X11 layouts, and although there are a lot of fun and pretty albums for this layout size I've found that there are also a lot of fun and pretty regular binders at office supplies.


I purchased these recycled binders a while back, they were in the clearance section (score) 


I went to my Pinterest board to get some inspiration, I've always liked This album cover from Geralyn, I started out fine but as always went crazy with the embellishing, I'm hoping to keep a nice and simple design for the other two binders I have left. 


Here is a view of the spine, I used paper instead of fabric paper, to make it more durable and easy to open and close I cut three pieces of paper and left the folds naked. I also added a light film of Mod Podge.


The papers are from Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden, buttons from My Minds Eye Kraft Funday, the flashcard from Pink Paislee Daily Junque, Metal plaque from Making Memories and the kraft doilies from Maya Road.

Album #1


Album #2


And now all my layouts are nicely organized.

The page protectors are from We are Memory Keepers.


I hope you all had a great Earth Day, we went to home depot for some paint and they gave us a little plant, how nice :)


=Di

4 Scrappy thoughts:

gayle said...

Ooh, gorgeousness! Love how you embellish :) that bookplate is a lovely touch.
Happy Earth Day Di!
Gayle x

Erica said...

Great idea! Now I want to make 8.5x11 layouts!

Jean said...

LOVE these albums!! They look amazing!

Kristin said...

I'm with Erica, makes me want to make some 8.5 x 11 LO's! Beautiful job Di!