Friday, February 17, 2012

Collage cards

This week I have some collage style cards to share with you - this is a great way of using up leftover scraps of paper, especially if you can use a common colour to pull it all together.

For the first card I used a Tim Holtz die cut candlebra layered on top of a doily and some scraps of papers, with some tissue tape and a few small oddments from my stash.  I wanted to use white/cream with browns and reds here.



For the second card I used cream and green with some orange accents; I also stamped some swirls in gold ink on both cards as this seemed to fill out the background a little more.
I am very much loving butterflies on my cards at the moment!  It seems to add a little something extra that they stand out from the page like they just fluttered out of a book and onto the card :)

Happy scrapping everyone!

Gayle xx

2 Scrappy thoughts:

Irene said...

Love the use of the butterflies.

dianapena8 said...

Both very pretty, I like how you embellished them =D