Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thank you Mickey!

 I was looking for a simple design to repeat on several thank you cards to send out to our family and friends after our wedding, and really liked the circular patterns on this button mask by Creative Expressions.

which I felt matched well with the roundness of the Mickey shape (our wedding was at Disneyworld so the invites also had this shape on them).  I sponged Poppy Red Impress ink onto the card through the mask and punched out circles of black card in two different sizes for the Mickey shape.
When I also found a curved 'thank you' stamp in my stash I loved the way it seemed to curve around Mickey's ear!  I stamped the words using black StazOn.
I added some gold Stickles to the buttonholes to give it some sparkle and I'm ready to go!  It was easy to do a batch of these to send off quite quickly and I just had to leave the Stickles to dry.  Now I just have to pick a nice picture of the wedding to pop in the card for our guests that weren't able to share our special day - that'll be the hard part! :)

Happy scrapping

Gayle xx


1 Scrappy thoughts:

dianapena8 said...

Your cards are so pretty and they go perfect with your theme =D