Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good Old Fashion Scrapbook - Tutorial

Hello, Diana here with this month’s tutorial. I’ve been planning some decoration in a few rooms; with the help of Pinterest and a lot of Blogs I’ve gathered images of ideas and decoration inspiration. But since I’ve also gathered images from magazines and paint chip samples I decided to put together an Old Fashion Scrapbook, something I can write notes on or bring with me to a store so I don’t forget a color palette. Because I’ll need space my book measures 9”X12”, I used a neutral color for the inside pages.

Score a line on each page using a bone folder or a scoring board; this will make it easier to flip the pages. Punch 4 holes and tie the pages together with a piece of cotton twine, as shown in the picture. I also glued the pages on the scored part to make it even more resistant to wear and tear.

For the back use a piece of resistant carton. Glue only the scored part of the last page to the carton; make sure to put pressure on it so it sticks completely.

For the cover you’ll need two pieces of cardstock. Measure the Width of your book and add 4 more inches. I used a Border punch and a piece of pattern paper to decorate the part where my two papers are glued together. To make the fold for the Spine measure the thickness of your pages and score it on the cover, this should leave a 3-3.5” flap.


The last step is to glue the flap of the cover to the back of the book.


Here are a few examples of the inside; I used a pen, glue stick, some decorative tape and my dymo.


For the cover decoration I grouped some embellishments and tags. The purpose of the distressing on the cover is also for durability

And there you have it, a fast and easy way to make a Scrapbook.

As always thank you for joining me with my monthly Album tutorial and I hope this brings some inspiration to your day.

=Di

5 Scrappy thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I really like how you made your own scrapbook and it's a wonderful idea!

~Julz

gayle said...

Di, you should be a designer! I could have totally used one of those for my wedding :) love your organisation!

Michelle said...

This is such a great idea. I should have done something like this when we were building our house!!! I love how you did the cover!

Coombs said...

What scrap punch are you using?

Coombs said...

sorry - sent that before I finished my thought; what border punch? I was linked to your blog through pinterest, great stuff!