Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Envelope Accordion Book

Hello, Diana here to show you two accordion books made with envelopes, when I saw this project I thought it was such a cool way of holding keepsakes, I’ll post a link with the instructions at the end of this post.


Ever since I was a kid I have liked to send and receive mail, and when ever I received a letter in an Air Mail envelope I knew it was from my grandmother, to date when she writes she uses the same type of envelope. I am a Fan of the Air Mail design, mostly because they remind me of her. For that reason I made my first accordion book using that type of envelopes, it will be a nice place to keep her letters.


This is the front part of the envelopes, I decorated a piece of white cardstock using Pink Paislee punch out die cut shapes and flip notes from there 365 Degrees collection

I cut a small piece of paper and punched out a nice border, added some ribbon, brads, gems and butterflies. And as a final decoration, a few of my favorite photos of her from the trip we took for her 90th birthday.



For the Cover I used a Doily, and grouped a few embellishments to give it a trinket look, assorted fonts, more gems and a red ribbon to tie it all together.


My second accordion book is made out of Craft Envelopes; I left the decoration simple using only a Jillibean Journaling Circle and a Sticker to write down the contents.
This book will hold Ticket stubs, Etsy business cards and other miscellaneous stuff.
This is a very fun and easy project; decorated or barely decorated they make cute books to hold all kind of memorabilia.


As always I hope I was able to bring some inspiration to your day, till next week.

Envelope Accordion Book-How To


=Di


6 Scrappy thoughts:

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing books. Thanks for sharing..xx

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Awesome envelope mini books! I love them!

Sandy Ang said...

the envelop mini looks great ! love the doily to soften it up.

Sandy Ang said...

wanted to say we seem to be on the same wavelength crafting wise. i've just finished an envelop card too with postage elements

Fripperies and Butterflies said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing book!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I've made a few envelope books myself, but I must say that I LOVE the look of the red and blue along the edges of this one! Great color scheme and format. Thanks for the inspiration! ♥