Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring's Exchange

Diana mentioned in a previous post that she, myself and our friend Erica did a little Spring project swap with each other. Today, I would like to share what I made for the swap and show the beautiful projects I was given. This Spring banner was for Diana. I started with wooden craft sticks (shorter than a paint stirrer) and I traced them onto my patterned paper. I am not sure what manufacturer the paper is since it was a scrap, but I'm thinking it was Bo Bunny. Then I painted each stick with a vintage linen paint. While that was drying, I took my large alpha stamps from Technique Tuesday and stamped them on white card stock. I then cut them out and set aside. Once the sticks were dry, I adhered the patterned paper to them. I then sanded the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. Once the paper was on, I just went about embellishing the way I thought Di would like it. I used various flowers, a little bling here and there, buttons, border punches and a Stampin Up butterfly stamp.

Now Di already shared this with us here on the blog, but it is so beautiful, that it deserves seeing again. She made this for both myself and Erica. Photo is courtesy of Erica at Zunky Chic. I just love this Di and I plan to put a pic of my girls on it this Spring!
When I made my project for Erica, I changed up a few of the details and color scheme. The paper is from Imaginesce.



Erica made me this lovely keepsake box:


How beautiful!!! And she also made me this double sided pendant.



Thanks again ladies for a wonderful swap!


~Julie


**Fan appreciation month is drawing to a close but don't worry! There's still more chances to win a few crafty goodies if you go to our facebook page this week! **

3 Scrappy thoughts:

Jean said...

These are such wonderful spring ideas! Love the banner! Very different.The frame and box are so pretty. Love the pendant too!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Job to All, TFS Julz!

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! Such beautiful creations & inspirations. I have missed so much this last week. Sorry for not calling sooner.. I have been under the weather :( Feeling much better now & I feel like crafting now I have visited you!! My journal pages for Art Journal Friday are ready for uploading! Thank you for your wonderful challenges & inspiration. Have a great day Gez. OOOOoooo Thank You too for the gorgeous Blog Candy.XXXX