Saturday, December 4, 2010

Introducing a new challenge ...

Today I am introducing a new monthly challenge I will be hosting, I'm calling it the WCP Challenge. I am sure you have heard of or played along with one similar to it before. The WCP stands for Words, Colors and Pictures. On the first Saturday of every month, I will introduce the WCP and what we are making (ATC, Twinchie, Card, Inchie, Layout,etc). You will have one week to play along and feel inspired. Once completed, share it on our new Group for the challenge on our Scrappy Community HERE. Or just come and visit to chat about how we created our projects and get tips. I hope the challenge and the group will encourage folks to try new things, help others learn and trigger your creativity :)

December
WCP

Type of project: Layout
Word: GIVE
Color: BLUE


Picture:


I chose a LO as our first type of project because I really feel like it's my weak spot. I understand with my lack of talent, this sample may discourage rather than encourage you to join the group, but again, I hope each months WCP will help us take on things we may not be great at and inspire us to be creative and supportive!



For me, the word GIVE, drove this project and the blue picture of Christmas ornaments reminded me how important it is to teach our children to give back, especially at this time of year when so many families need the support and help. I borrowed the image from this blog that spoke of William and Mary students that are part of a public service fellowship and have helped earn $282,231.! Our family picks a local family to support every year, we hope our kids are learning through those efforts to Give back as often as they can.

Items used on the LO: Thickers, wide white rick rack, Bo Bunny , a gift of love PP, Snowflakes were cut from the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge, I used a white chalk marker to outline the Thickers in the title.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you join the group and join the fun!

Happy Saturday!

Kristin xxx

4 Scrappy thoughts:

Unknown said...

What a great layout! The colors and message are fantastic. Those snowflakes are amazing!

dianapena8 said...

Very Inspiring, loving this new monthly chalenge and you did a great job on your lo :)

Sandy Ang said...

A great challenge idea. Will be looking out for your next one as I can't produce a decent LO if my life depended on it.

Joanna said...

Super LO and a timely reminder too! Like Sandy, I'll pass on this challenge (me and LO's don't mix), but I'll be interested in seeing what the next challenge will be.

Great idea.

x