Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Cards

Hello, Diana here, today I want to show you a few of the Christmas cards I made.

I enjoy making Christmas cards for my family and friends, I’ve heard from other scrappers that they prefer not to send hand made cards because most of the time they end up in the trash or people do not appreciate all the work put in to making them.
This is not how I think, sending out a hand made card is my way of saying: I remember you during this beautiful day and I care for you so much I took the time to make you this. My advice will be not to think of what will happen to the card in the future, but to think of the joy it will bring to the receiver when they first get it.

Every year my list has gotten bigger, so I figured that to save time I would make cards using the same design.

Once I decided on the design I matched paper with ribbon and embellishments and started the process of cutting and gluing.


Supplies used:
Pattern Paper-Basic Grey
Glitter Paper-K&Co
Flair, Chipboard pieces, Rub-Ons & Ribbon-American Crafts
Small Scalloped Circle-Martha Stewart
Big Scalloped Circle-EK Success

I hope you get some inspiration on making cards, have a great day.

=Diana

5 Scrappy thoughts:

CDC said...

they're all beautiful!! lots of happy recipients i bet!

The Scrappy Tree said...

I LOVE the felt on these, it is my favorite feature of all the amazing embellishments you used :)

K xx

Rachel Brett said...

They are gorgeous, I love the papers you have used :)

Unknown said...

Di, these are fantastic!!!!

Kim Newberg Imagesbykim said...

Hi Diana,

I agree with the comment above, I love the felt trim you have used. The basic design is perfect for embellishing and aceenting to make each card unique. My card list grows more every year and I think I am going to book mark this for next year's card making.
Here's a tip for Christmas card makers: Have a fun card making class or party in July to get a jump start on your cards and use up your current supply stash before you go out and buy more!

Merry Christmas, to you and the gals, and thank-you for sharing this lovely idea!
((((hugs))))
kim aka imagesbykim