Sunday, May 16, 2010

May's Inspiration Challenge

Are you ready for a bit of inspiration today?? I know the weather lately affected my choice for inspiration. We have begun to see the sun ALOT and it has been absolutely wonderful to see how bright the sun has made our days. When I saw the Flowering Pasture Blouse at http://www.anthropologie.com/, I just knew this was the perfect inspiration for this month.


If you are new to this challenge, let me tell you how it works. You will be prompted with an image as an inspirational jumping off point. Where this image takes you is up to you. You can make a scrapbook page, card, altered item, anything!! You have until Friday evening to upload your creation to our Ning site. This is a challenge that is just for fun. We'd love to have you participate and leave feedback for the challenge takers as well!


Here's your Inspirational image for the month:


Here's my take on the Inspirational image:

I loved how the shirt had such a bright yellow and the white made it stand out even more so I primarily drew inspiration from the colors in the shirt. Supplies Used: Webster's Pages Paper, Hero Arts stamps, blue ink, scalloped paper from DCWV, ribbons from personal stash, brads from The Paper Studio.
I'd love to see how the image inspires you!
~Julie









5 Scrappy thoughts:

Toni said...

Great inspiration, Julie. Your bright image totally reflects the feeling of summer that has recently spread through the northern tier of the country. And it reminds me of some papers that I have in my stash. I might join you on this one!

melissa said...

Oh, just lovely! That blouse is gorgeous and I LOVE the card!

You've been tagged...http://sunlight-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/05/questions-and-answers.html

Michelle said...

Great inspiration piece Julie!! It sure fits!! I am loving the sunny weather lately!!! Your card is just gorgeous!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I just posted a card based on this challenge - thanks for the inspiration!
You can see my card here:
http://gallorganico.blogspot.com/2010/05/stamping-on-text.html
Rinda

Kristin said...

Beautiful inspiration Julz!